Monday, 17 January 2011

Mindful Monday

One thing that comes up again and again on e-lists I am on is mindfulness. Other mums asking what it means and how they can achieve it.

Minfulness is the practise of being fully present each moment of every day, or at least striving to live fully in each moment as it is easier said then done. Especially with our hectic schedules these days. And I think just because of these schedules it is important to be mindful.

For a thorough primer on mindfulness I suggest "the miracle of mindfulness" by Thich Nhat Hanh. It is a quick and enjoyable read. Another plus is that this book is generally available from the many second hand bookplaces on the internet, even if youcan't find it second hand its pretty cheap new.

I would like to invite you to join me in the building of our midfulness practise, maybe you have been working on this for awhile and could do with a kick in the behind or maybe you are entirely new to mindfulness. Either way join in and take a moment to tell us about your practise maybe how you started what inspired you to work on your mindulness etc.

And incase you need a hand to get started I am sharing a Gatha from the Plum Village Sangha. Gatha's are short poems that help you be present in the moment. You breath in whilst saying the first line silently in your mind, you breath out for the second line. You breathe in for the third line and breath out on the forth line. then smile and start your day!
Waking up this morning, I smile.
Twenty-four brand new hours are before me.
I vow to live fully in each moment
and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.

I've employed Mr linky so you can sign up to the Minful Mondays. Now I've not used it before so if it doens't display properly bear with me :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails