Thursday, 11 November 2010

Happy Sintermerte/Martinmas

Today is one of those days I get a little homesick for Netherland.Martinmas is allways a bog celebration with schools and neighourhoodclubs joining together to celebrate. I went hunting on youtube and found a nice little video of the celebrations. I have to say things have changed a bit since I was little, the fire got smaller (health & safety I guess) and the sound got bigger (hello soundsystem!) but all in all the idea is the same. This video was taken in swalmen 20 minutes of so from where I used to live.





Incase you are not familiar with the story of St Martin WIKI has a nice entry.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I just posted a link to your blog on our Syrendell Facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails