Monday, 30 November 2009

Its been so busy here

So not much posting really. I just got an email from Lynn to tell me she recieved her parcel so I can post pics of what was in her box.
There was a 5 piece limit and thats probably a good thing lol! I got a bit carried away I think.
ANyway here are the pictures
King Winter
King winter
King winter
King winter

King Winter is wearing a silk robe he has merino hair which has been needle felted into his head and a quart points & tumbled stones crown. In his hand he is holding a merino snowball
Mrs Thaw
Mrs Thaw

Mrs Thaw
Mrs Thaw

Mrs Thaw is wearing a handspun & handknit dress with a handspun & handknit apron. Her hair was needlefelted into her head to form a bun at the back. Her broom was made with a tiny stick and straw

Felted wall hanging
felted wallhanging

felted wallhanging
The wallhanging was wetfelted no scissors where used for this piece. The seedbeads where individually sewn into the felt and the swarovski was added at the end.

lantern
lantern for seasons rounds swap
A watercolour latern. Check out my stream for instructions :)

Transparant

Transparant for seasons round
This was made from the leftover bit of watercolour from the lantern.
Its the first time I've made one of these. Next time I will cut out a piece of the wings to make the Angel come to live more.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! what a package! a very blessed partner you have. tell me more about the hair please. you needle felted it on right through the skin fabric? i am so intrigued. i make lots of little dolls and dislike sewing on the hair! thanks for any input and job well done!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, neat! I love your dolls, lantern, wall hanging and everything. What an artistic family you have. Beautiful and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comments!
    Mommarae I am making a Mrs thaw for our table so I'll take some pictures as I do the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a lucky swap partner you have!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails