Thursday, 2 July 2009

Questionnaire for SP14

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wool and alpaca. I like cottons for crochet but find them hard to knit with. I believe fun fur was invented by the devil.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a metal jug for my straight needles from my nan. they are there more for decoration/emotional value than anything else because I much prefer usings circs. they hang on the lamp next to my seat. my hooks live in an empty golden syrup tin


3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned to knit when i was 7 or 8 but didn't get back to it until I was pregnant with ds1. I thaught myself to crochet during his pregnancy too


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon and my wists is up to date though

5. What's your favorite scent?
I don't really use perfumes but if I do I use weleda wild roses


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes! plain chocolate and proper dutch sweet liquorice katjes of boerderijdrop are my favorites

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Any way you can think of to process fiber into something usable/wearable I do (knit spin tat crochet lace sprang nahlbinding) I own an ashford castle and a medium/heavyweight dropspindle. I love both but the spindle is easier at the moment


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love so many bands the corrs medieval baebes nickleback marco borsato. I really dislike heavy metal/house ramstein type music

9. What's your favorite colour(s)? Any colours you just can't stand?

I love more earthy colours and really dislike neon/superbright colours

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with 3 beautifull sons. We have 3 cats 2 guinea pigs and a rabbit. And 4 chickens.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Hats mittens and scarves ponchos are not my thing.
And fingerless gloves!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Currently quick projects, mainly toys. minimal seaming is preferred. I would love to knit something for myslef someday but the kids seem to take up all my time

13. What are you knitting right now?

More peter pan daggers These ones will be for the twins

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes! I love well made hand made gifts

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

circular metal, but would love to try bamboo as I've been told its a bit more sticky.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Does my husband count?

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

7 months or so

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

Yule

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Sheep!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I would love the sheep handpuppet pattern from the interweave spinning mag (name escapes me know). I also Love old patterns (pre 1980) I have 20 odd years of ariadne a dutch craftmagazine that ran from the 40's trough to the 80's. I have a subscription to livings crafts

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'm a combined knitter and I'd love to get more technical on that. I often find that what a pattern calls for doesn't work for me.
I'd also love to be able to do cables for some reason i have problems with this

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I want to be a sockknitter I knit tiny socks but I have been intimidated by big socks. I will have to go hunting for a tapemeasure and come back with measurements

23. When is your birthday?

We all have our birthdays over the next few weeks mine is on the 31st of july.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

yup

1 comment:

  1. found you. Next time I will use the previous post button.

    twanda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails