Sunday, 11 January 2009

Ugh

The boys all have croup. so it has been sleepless nights for the last 3 nights. Thankfully it is coming to an end now.

We had another fox visit this morning and somehow he managed to get our Oskar. I found poor Valen huddled up in the house this morning, obviously he is inside now. Both of them are old and oskar was going blind. Valen seems to be ok he's eating and comes for a snuggle so hopefully he'll be fine.

We got our book order yesterday, Euan got a couple of Elsa beskows books (pelle & forestchildren) We got a craftbook to share. We got a story, song & poembook for everyone.
I am really pleased wih all the books. I *love* the elsa beskow books. the drawings are fantastic very very sweet. The story is cute but not in a sickenig way. animals die, animals eat animals all in a way that its just part of the story, not scary or something that needs atention just a fact of life.
The craft book is great its all 3 previous books in one (easter, christmas, harvest). It has an enormous amount of crafts in it for all abilities. from different types of lanterns to acorn snakes bread dragons harvest wreaths, well I could go on and on. I'm sure you'll see a bunch of the crafts pop up on the blog.
We got a book on storytelling to. Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of opa's death and the first page I opend the book on was a little witch you mae with your hand, just like opa used to do it was weird to see that picture I hadn't thought about it for a long time.

I've also been enjoying a bunch of blogs. Now I have figured out i can follow these blogs with blogger I don't forget about them. I will see if I can put my bloglist in the side somehow so you can see what I read. If you're reading and you have a home ed blog let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails